Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday meanders: 8

[Some tidbits from my online poking around...enjoy!]
{  More anti-winter orangey goodness!  |  11 March 2013  }

+ Traveling with kids: Even though I'm a little averse to super "kiddie" looking things for children (says the childless woman), I can't get over how adorable this "Skootcase" is. (via)

+ What do you call a group of X? A group of flamingos is called a "flamboyance" and a group of pugs is called a "grumble"...and other adorable/happy nubbins for you.

+ Living small while living large: This, THIS is one of my life goals. I already tend to live with less, but oooo, hoping an international move will help me cull even more. Great story of a man who went from normal to obscenely rich in money and belongings to rich in experiences:
"For me, it took 15 years, a great love and a lot of travel to get rid of all the inessential things I had collected and live a bigger, better, richer life with less."

+ Balance: Another goodie from the NYT about balancing life and work. Loved reading a successful woman's perspective, including her regrets:
"Sometimes young women tell me they admire what I’ve done. As they see it, I worked hard for 20 years and can now spend the next 20 focused on other things. But that is not balance. I do not wish that for anyone."

2 comments :

  1. That's so funny, the 'otsp' girls and i were just discussing that NYT article last week! I'm glad that now days we have more women executives and women like Sheryl Sandberg that remind us that we can have it all, family and career, there is no need (anymore) to try to imitate men in order to have important jobs. I think in the future as we move more and more towards mobile workplace, global teams, flex hours, this will not even be an issue anymore. And yes, dads should be getting equal rights to spend time with the newborn baby, and have 'daddy' days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a note—you're about to make my day!

XOXO,
J.